Follow

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Review: Good Quality & Affordable

6 comments



Makeup Geek, Makeup Geek, Makeup Geek....

Hi Guys!

So I am sure you have all heard of the new craze of eyeshadows which is Makeup Geek and if you haven't where have you been hiding??? Seriously

Makeup Geek is a brand created by the beautiful and one of YouTube's best loved Makeup Guru's Marlena AKA Makeup Geek. Guy's if you haven't checked out her YouTube channel yet, after reading this get your lil ass over to YouTube and watch her.

So Marlena created her own Makeup brand which includes eyeshadows, Makeup brushes, Contour and blush products and Pigments. The whole YouTube beauty world raves about her shadows and I'm not one to give into hype straight away, I like to hold off and do my research before I spend my money, but after all the amazing things I have heard I decided to give into temptation.

Now I have only managed to start building my collection of eyeshadows so I haven't got all the shadows which she brought out but from what I have collected all I can say is Wow they are AMAZING. I have been playing around with them for awhile now, I love them that much I even bought backups of the colors I already have.

So as I said before I am a total M.A.C girl and I love their products as you will know from my last blog post (My Favorite M.A.C Lipsticks), I used to only use M.A.C shadows and nothing compared to them, until now. These Makeup Geek shadows are so similar to M.A.C and some of them maybe a lil better.

I own 14 of these babies and they are beautiful, I can't rave enough about them, they are ridiculously pigmented and some of them blend like a dream. Some of the colors are identical to M.A.C but one thing that isn't in anyway shape or form similar is the price, guys no joke these shadows are €6.50 a pan were M.A.C individual pans are €12.50.

Makeup Geek products you could only buy from her direct site but now you can purchase them from Here, (Beautybay.com) this is a great website guys, I listed it in a recent blog My Favourite Eyebrow Products, it has some amazing products.

I bought mostly all nude and brown shades (shock) but I love my warm browns and my neutrals for the crease which you will see below.













Shimma Shimma - A great highlight color for the brow bone and the inner corner, very similar to M.A.C's Shroom, a champagne color with a beautiful shimmer to it can also be used as a cheek highlight.











Drama Queen - Dark purple with a shimmery finish can be used as an all over lid color are to darken the outer corner to create a dramatic smokey eye.












Cocoa Bear - Matte Warm brown, can be used as an all over lid color or I use it as my transition color which is my fav way to use it and this is one of my favourites and I think everyone's favourite out of her collection.












Cherry Cola - Deep brown with a hint of red undertones and is a matte finish, can be used as an all over lid color are to darken the outter corner, beautiful to use to darken a matte brown smokey eye.










Mocha - Deep brown color with a matte finish kind of similar to Espresso from M.A.C but a little lighter.











Grandstand - This shadow is from her foiled collection it's a Medium Rose gold with slight taupe undertones and a foiled finish, this color is so beautiful this picture doesn't do it any justice. Its great shadow to add a pop of color to any eye look. M.A.C's Honey Lust is a great dupe.












Americano - Dark brown with purple undertones and a matte finish. If you want to create a look with just one matte eyeshadow blended out, this would be a great one to work with and will make a great smokey effect. M.A.C's dupe is blackberry.










Peach Smoothie - A light peach beige with a soft matte finish, beautiful color and one of their most popular shades which is used for blending out harsh shades. M.A.C's dupe Samoa Silk.










Frappe - Medium Caramel brown with a matte finish, can be used as a transition color for those with darker skin tones are can be used with darker colors to create a soft brown smokey eye.










Creme Brulee - Light medium brown with peach and sand undertones again another great transition color. M.A.C's dupe Soft Brown.













Latte - Medium Matte brown, nice to use as an all over lid color and just blend it out or use a darker shade on the outer corner to smoke it out a little, its also nice to use to blend out dark colors. I don't really think M.A.C has a dupe for this color, some people say cork is similar but to me I don't think it comes close.













Bitten - Deep Maroon Red with a matte finish, this is such a versatile color and is one of my favourites, beautiful color to blend with especially with cocoa bear and chickadee, This is hands down my favourite MUG shadow, it's one of those colors that will suit everyone no matter what skin tone they have, BEAUTIFUL. I don't think there is any shade out there that will match up to this.










Corrupt - Intense Matte Black with very subtle sparkle, which you can barely even notice. M.A.C's dupe Carbon.










Chickadee - Matte Yellow Orange - Another one of my favourites and another beautiful transition color and adds depth to warm looks.



Now guys just because I love these shadows doesn't mean that everyone is going to love them, some of them are hard to blend out but once you take your time and blend, blend, blend the end result is gorgeous.

If you have any MUG shadows let me know what your favourite is and how you like to use it, leave a comment in the comment section so I can experiment.

Claire x x x










SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments

  1. Peach smoothie is my all time favorite transition color, really want to try cherry cola. Love makeup geek, and this was such a good post. Just found your blogger programme, so would love if you could follow me and follow my blog too. I also just started blogging so trying to grow my blog!!
    Thanks girly!!
    www.jessannsmyth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I huni, awh thank you. Your blog is great love your posts, followed you just there and I will on the blogger programme 2 us newbies av to stick together ha x x x

      Delete
  2. I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.

    Makeup Eye Shadow Singles

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article was up to the point and described the information about education and learning. Thanks to blog author for wonderful and informative post. Spray tanning

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig